What makes it so green? here are some more details from the book's website:
Book tours take energy, and not just that of the author. Airplanes, trains, taxis; hotels, meals, the powering of lights and heat for events and appearances – all consume.
In an effort to keep this tour as green as possible, all those involved have agreed to make the following choices wherever possible.
- To make the events as local as possible, by using not only local talent but also local food, organic if available.
- The author is taking the VegiVows for the duration of the trip, with the exception of non-avian and non-mammalian bioforms once a week. Like the Gardeners, however, she will permit eggs, viewed as a sort of nut.
- To carbon-neutralize the travel, with the help of the calculations of ZeroFootprint; to go by train when possible.
- To choose hotels and other sleeping places that have environmental policies, whenever available.
- To choose paper that is Ancient Forest Friendly and approved by the Forest Stewardship Council, with the help of Canopy
- To choose CD covers that are environmentally friendly, and organic cotton only for the items in our Café Press store
- To request the event venues to serve only shade-grown, organic, fair trade coffee, which is bird-friendly – unlike sun-grown and pesticide-sprayed, a huge destroyer of songbirds.
- To avoid bottled water.
- The biggest challenge for the author will be keeping the luggage to a minimum. The rules for the wardrobe will be: ONE OR MORE OF: Had it for years; organic cotton; hemp. And remember: Think pink, pack black. It dirts less.
Here are more details about the book:
Adam One, the kindly leader of the God’s Gardeners – a religion devoted to the melding of science, religion, and nature - has long predicted a disaster. Now it has occurred, obliterating most human life. Two women remain: Ren, a young dancer locked away in a high-end sex club, and Toby, a former God’s Gardener, who barricades herself inside a luxurious spa. Have others survived? Ren’s bio-artist friend Amanda? Zeb, her eco-fighter stepfather? Her onetime lover, Jimmy? Or the murderous Painballers? Not to mention the CorpSeCorps, the shadowy policing force of the ruling powers… As Adam One and his beleaguered followers regroup, Ren and Toby emerge into an altered world, where nothing – including the animal life – is predictable.
Raz @ Eco-Libris
Eco-Libris: promoting sustainable reading!