Every Friday we update you with a new app on the list, and today we're happy to introduce you with an app for seafood lovers, which helps you choose ocean-friendly seafood at your favorite restaurants and stores.
Our app is Seafood Watch from Monterey Bay Aquarium. This app is for iPhone, iPad and android and it is free.
Here are more details about Seafood Watch App:
Seafood Watch recommendations help you choose ocean-friendly seafood at your favorite restaurants and stores. Our app brings you the most current recommendations for seafood and sushi along with complete information about how each item should be fished or farmed. Our new Project FishMap feature lets you contribute to the app, adding the names of restaurants and stores in the U.S. where you’ve found sustainable seafood and locating what other users have found at businesses near you.
• Provides free, up-to-date recommendations at your fingertips with detailed seafood information
• Uses your phone’s GPS to load the right regional guide for your location
• Enables you to search for seafood quickly and easily by common market name
• Allows you to sort seafood by "Best Choice," "Good Alternative" or "Avoid" rankings
• Sushi guide lists fish by Japanese name as well as common market name
• Provides alternatives to seafood on the “Avoid” list
• New Project FishMap feature lets you contribute to the app by adding the names of restaurants and stores where you've found ocean-friendly seafood and locate businesses where others have found sustainable seafood
• Highlights our list of “Super Green” seafood that’s good for you and the oceans
Last week's green app - Green Power Free battery saver.
Raz @ Eco-Libris
Eco-Libris: Plant a tree for every book you read!