This week I prepared a list of book recommendations on one of my favorite topics - sustainable food .
This list is based on my personal preferences - some of them are relatively old, but I still find them relevant and valuable.
The links of these ebooks are to Amazon.com and I apologize in advance to all the Nook, iPad, Kobo and Sony Reader owners. I hope you can easily find an ebook you'll like on other ebookstores. This is also the place to disclose that we're taking part in Amazon's affiliate program and therefore will receive a small percentage of every purchase made using these links. We hope you don't mind! You can find all the lists published so far on our recommended green ebooks webpage (see examples at the bottom of this post).
Without further ado, here's this week's list of 10 recommended green e-books on sustainable food:
1. The Dirty Life: A Memoir of Farming, Food and Love by Kristin Kimball - Scribner (October 12, 2010)
2. Fair Food: Growing a Healthy, Sustainable Food System for All by Oran Hesterman - PublicAffairs (May 31, 2011)
3. In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan - Penguin (January 1, 2008)
4. The Seasons on Henry's Farm: A Year of Food and Life on a Sustainable Farm by Terra Brockman and Deborah Madison - Agate Surrey (April 28, 2010)
5.Food Inc.: A Participant Guide: How Industrial Food is Making Us Sicker, Fatter, and Poorer-And What You Can Do About It by Karl Weber and Participant Media - PublicAffairs (May 5, 2009)
6. Farm City: The Education of an Urban Farmer by Novella Carpenter - Penguin (June 11, 2009)
7. The Town That Food Saved: How One Community Found Vitality in Local Food by Ben Hewitt - Rodale (March 16, 2010)
8. Inquiries into the Nature of Slow Money: Investing as if Food, Farms, and Fertility Mattered by Woody Tasch - Chelsea Green Publishing (November 12, 2008)
9. Food Matters by Mark Bittman - Simon & Schuster (December 30, 2008)
10. Farmer Jane by Temra Costa - Gibbs-Smith (July 29, 2010)More recommended green ebooks lists:
Best ebooks for green entrepreneurs
Best green marketing ebooks
Best green business ebooks
See you next week!
Raz @ Eco-Libris