This time I prepared a list that is a bit different than our usual weekly lists of recommendations on the latest ebooks on green issues available as ebooks. Inspired by Marc Gunther's article 'Reader Faves: Best Books About Green Business', I decided to present you with my 10 recommendations on green business books that are available in an electronic version.
This list is based on my personal preferences as well as on the books I use on the course I teach at University of Delaware's Business School on sustainability and green business. Therefore, some of them are relatively old (2-3 years old), but I still find them relevant and valuable.
The links of these ebooks are to Amazon.com and I apologize in advance to all the Nook, iPad, Kobo and Sony Reader owners. I hope you can easily find an ebook you'll like on other ebookstores. This is also the place to disclose that we're taking part in Amazon's affiliate program and therefore will receive a small percentage of every purchase made using these links. We hope you don't mind! You can find all the lists published so far on our recommended green ebooks webpage.
Without further ado, here's this week's list of 10 recommended green business e-books:
1. Force of Nature: The Unlikely Story of Wal-Mart's Green Revolution by Edward Humes - Harper Collins, Inc. (May 10, 2011)
2. Confessions of a Radical Industrialist: Profits, People, Purpose--Doing Business by Respecting the Earth by Robin White and Ray Anderson - St. Martin's Press (April 1, 2010)
3. Green Recovery: Get Lean, Get Smart, and Emerge from the Downturn on Top by Andrew Winston - Harvard Business Press (August 17, 2009)
4. Revolution in a Bottle: How TerraCycle Is Redefining Green Business by Tom Szaky - Portfolio (February 18, 2009)
5. Strategies for the Green Economy : Opportunities and Challenges in the New World of Business by Joel Makower - McGraw-Hill (October 5, 2008)
6. The Green to Gold Business Playbook: How to Implement Sustainability Practices for Bottom-Line Results in Every Business Function by P.J. Simmons and Daniel C. Esty - Wiley (April 8, 2011)
7. The Responsibility Revolution: How the Next Generation of Businesses Will Win by Jeffrey Hollender and Bill Breen - Jossey-Bass (January 21, 2010)
8. Strategy for Sustainability: A Business Manifesto by Adam Werbach - Harvard Business Press (July 6, 2009)
9. Next Generation Business Strategies for the Base of the Pyramid: New Approaches for Building Mutual Value by Ted Landon and Stuart Hart - FT Press (November 5, 2010)
10. Building Social Business: The New Kind of Capitalism That Serves Humanity's Most Pressing Needs by Muhammad Yunus - PublicAffairs (May 11, 2010)See you next week!
Raz @ Eco-Libris